What We Believe
As members of the Christian Church,
We confess that Jesus is the Christ,
the Son of the living God,
and proclaim him Lord and Savior of the world.
In Christ’s name and by his grace
we accept our mission of witness
and service to all people.
We rejoice in God,
maker of heaven and earth,
and in God’s covenant of love
which binds us to God and to one another.
Through baptism into Christ
we enter into newness of life
and are made one with the whole people of God.
In the communion of the Holy Spirit
we are joined together in discipleship
and in obedience to Christ.
At the Table of the Lord
we celebrate with thanksgiving
the saving acts and presence of Christ.
Within the universal church
we receive the gift of ministry
and the light of scripture.
In the bonds of Christian faith
we yield ourselves to God
that we may serve the One
whose kingdom has no end.
Blessing, glory, and honor
be to God forever. Amen.
Disciples of Christ characteristics & beliefs
- We believe in God: Creator, Sustainer, Redeemer.
- We believe in Jesus Christ who is the Son of God, God in human form.
- We believe that sin separates us from God and from one another.
- We believe that Jesus Christ enables us to overcome sin.
- We believe in the power of prayer and the presence of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Bible is authoritative and speaks God’s Truth.
- We believe God’s people are called to live together in a community of faith called the Church. The Church is not a place, but people.
- We believe in baptism by immersion at the age of understanding.
- We believe the Lord’s Supper is the central experience of worship, and is open to all believers in Christ.
- We believe in freedom and diversity in Christian thought and interpretation.
- We believe that which unites Christians (Jesus Christ) should be greater than that which divides them.
- We believe in Salvation and Eternal Life, which begins when one accepts Jesus Christ, and is fully revealed after physical death. True Salvation is a life-long experience, not just a momentary one.
- We believe that faith is a matter to be lived out and not just expressed in words.
- We believe that every Christian is called to serve in a ministry.
- We believe that Christians are called to be good managers of their God-given money, time, and ability.